Tuesday, August 18, 2009

TMI Tuesday #200 (Happy Anniversary!!)

1. What is the longest you have been in a monogamous sexual relationship? [For the purpose of this question monogamous is defined as no sexual partners that your significant other does (did) not know about.]
Based on the description above that would be my lovely Babushka

2. If your current relationship would fail, do you have a back-up for physical or emotional comfort?
Back-up what? If this is another woman to take my Babushka's place than no I do not. I do have our kids and friends who would be able to fill much of the comfort role. i am blessed in that way.

3. Can you be "just friends" with someone when there is an unrequited sexual attraction?
Babushka and I were "work" friends for a period of time where we both were aware of feelings toward one another. We kept those feelings 'unrequited', as I was married at that time and neither of us wanted anything like a hookup or affair. Once I was separated I did not wait very long to ask her out on a date and the rest is beautiful history.

4. In a assumed monogamous sexual relationship have you ever cheated, been cheated upon or been a knowing third party to the infidelity? [For the purpose of this question monogamous is defined as no sexual partners that a significant other does (did) not know about.]
I had two affairs while I was married to my former wife and she eventually found out about both. The first one was immediately after our wedding and the other was at about the 9 year mark of our 17 yrs. Both women I had these affairs with were married as well and to my knowledge their husbands' never knew. Tough to read this - certainly nothing to be proud of.

5. Historically, what has caused the most arguments in your relationships?
Historically it would be sex and money. Babushka and I tend to not have really arguments about “things” – instead we discussions around how a decisions or action by one of us makes the other feel or what old wounds it triggers in us.

Bonus (as in optional):What do you want from a partner in a long term relationship?
What I already have in Babushka.

3 comments:

Dana said...

I almost didn't play today because of questions #1 and #4. Answering honestly meant having to face a part of me that is quite shameful.

Vixen said...

#4...difficult to answer, I agree. But feel safe knowing that you def aren't judged or is it held against you.

I'm glad you have found your 'one true love' :)

Big Kahuna said...

Dana/Vix - Thank you both and know I reciprocate the kindness back!