Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Patience is not always one of my virtues. . .

Patience has not always been one of my virtues. I am patient with the users I support. In fact, I would say that I am beyond patient with them. However!!!!! I am NOT patient when I am excited about something positive, especially positive change. Take this position I applied for. . . The day after I sent off my application, I started to become ancy!

There were 40 people interviewed for the two open postings! I was one of them!

The top 20 (according to HR scoring) were interviewed! I was one of them. . . And became very ancy two days after the interview, wondering what was going to happen!

The top 6 were called back for a second interview. I was one of them! And, you guessed it, I was ancy after two days of not hearing anything!

FINALLY!!!!! I was offered the position last Thursday! As of today, I am happy to report that salary negotiations are complete. Now I just need to be fingerprinted and have a background check completed. . . And, again. . . I am so ancy to get this completed.

I am so excited because this is huge! Better salary! Better benefits! Better time off! Better chance for advancement! They are going to have me certified!

And, there is a fresh hope that I will feel appreciated for caring!

And, what perfect timing. . . (Everything happens for a reason) because I will be getting a payout for my vacation time not used, I will have a down payment to replace that terrible, unfixable car! I will be going from a 95 Honda Civic with a taped up window to a 07 Mazda6. . . and not even the base model!

I know the value or lack there of when it comes to material things. It is not the car that matters. It is the fact that I have worked hard, with pride, dignity (usually) and grace. And now, I can see and am doing things I never believed possible. I have made it, through grace, and am slowly but surely find me.

I have friends for whom I know no faces. Yet, my friends in the blog world care and wish me well.

I have a family who may not always care for me. But, they love me all the same.

I have my Kahuna. . . My angel. . . My rock. . . And my knight in shining armor. He knows everything I know about myself and adores me still. He is my best friend.

I have a BuddyLuv who is an amazing reflection of me combined into an wondrously beautiful young man.

Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'?
I choose livin' for as long as it is my choice!


2 comments:

Big Kahuna said...

What a wonderful post my dearest Babushka. You have earned the right to be proud of yourself.

Congratulations again on the new job - I will miss you here.

BK

Moi said...

Hoooray!!! You been celebrating? Sure hope so!!