Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weekend that Was

It was indeed a lovely weekend spent with my favorite people: Babushka, Pumpkin (aka Peaches), BuddyLuv and Dude.

All five of us went to the horse racing track on Friday night and had a wonderful time. Neither Babushka or I are gamblers but it is a blast watching the kids get so excited when the have $2 riding on their favorite horse.

Saturday afternoon four of us went to play miniature golf(Dude is 15 and much too busy with friends to spend two days with us). Once again it was a blast - the park we went to is beautiful, with ponds and wildlife. We then came home, made dessert and played games together. This morning we had a lovely breakfast and after Babushka and BuddyLuv went home Pumpkin and I had a very special heart-to-heart talk.

The weekend was a wonderful illustration of what life should be like more often for all of us - memorable times spent with the ones we love.

4 comments:

Babushka said...

Kahuna~

I am looking forward to every chance I get to be part of one of those memorable weekends!

Dore You!

Honey said...

The weekend sounds lovely! It's those kinds of days/weekends that mean the most.

Know that my thoughts will be with you on Thursday, Kahuna. I know it's going to be hard but hang in there... like I've said before, I promise things will get better.

Btw, I switched sites... check out the new site...

Hugs!

Big Kahuna said...

Babushka - I adore you

Honey - Thanks for the support and congrats on the new site!

- said...

That sounds awesome. And it's so true what ya said. Memories with the ones we love absolutely mean the *most* of all. ; )

I adore your love for each other. It really makes me smile ; )