Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Together Again

TMI - 7/29/08

1) What is your language pet peeve. (example 'hot water heater', why would you heat hot water)
KAHUNA – I strongly dislike when people speak of themselves in the third person.
BABUSHKA - Phrases like, "I am just saying" or "And, so, what happened is" that are used in every other sentence. Drives me crazy!

2) What is your favorite word? Both dirty and clean?
KAHUNA – As this is a tribute to George Carlin, the word ‘ballsniffer’ comes to mind from one of his routines. Depending on context it could be both dirty and clean.
BABUSHKA - Clean = Adore or Missy Dirty = Dirty, or little, or slut, or dirty little slut

3) What is the one word you cannot spell?
KAHUNA – Receive (spellcheck always correct it for me but I always spell it ‘recie….)
BABUSHKA - Just. I always spell it jsut.

4) What is the one word you always pronounce wrong?
KAHUNA – Cub (Inside joke for my lovely Babushka)
BABUSHKA - I cannot think of one that always do wrong. Not that I speak properly. Just no one points out what I say thats wrong.

5) If you could erase one popular catchphrase from the english language, what would it be?
KAHUNA – “Cold enough for you?” – Yes it is so shut up
BABUSHKA -

Bonus (as in optional): The late, and very hot Michael Hutchence (INXS) once sang, "Words are weapons, sharper than knives" . What is the most hurtful thing you have ever said to anyone? Was it deliberate or accidental? What was the most hurtful thing ever said to you? Do you think it was deliberate or accidental?
KAHUNA – Most hurtful thing I have said to someone - “I am leaving” – Yes it was deliberate. Most hurtful thing said to me – “Wine” Context: Ex and I were in marriage counseling and therapist asked the ex a hypothetical question of “If you had to choose between Kahuna or your wine which would you choose?” Funny thing is that I was the alcoholic (not her) and having alcohol always around was not helpful to trying to stay sober.
BABUSHKA - The most hurtful thing I think I have ever said to anyone was probably I hate you to my mother. Though she is judgmental, she never gave up on me. The most hurtful thing I have ever had said to me was probably by my mother who recently told me that my age (19) was no excuse for my not being a good mother from the start. Because, I was "not that young". It was deliberate.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Words are so powerful in so many ways. Thanks to both of you for sharing yours!

Big Kahuna said...

My Babushka - You are a fine mother to BuddyLuv. He knows that and I know that and you know that.

'Door you