Sunday, August 26, 2007

Remember When #2

Remember when I fell in the elevator?

About a month before we took the plunge into this unknown and blissful world of us, I took a plunge in the elevators at work! I had on my black heels with the strap and double buckle around the ankle. I walked out to our elevator lobby and there you were! Oh, you were so beautiful! And, I was so distracted!

You were going up. I was going down to leave for the day. My elevator came first, so I took one step into the elevator. . . BAM! I caught the heel just right in the minimal space between the lobby floor and the elevator floor and down I went. Face first! It was all I could do, to fight back the tears of embarrassment! You rushed to the door, but it all happened so quickly and someone else was already helping me up.

My heel was broken and those shoes are long gone. My pride was broken, but has long since healed. But it was the look of sadness in your eyes that really stands out. I could see the caring and concern in your face.

You were always my knight in shining armour. It is not that you did not help me up. It was that you wanted to help me up. You wanted to break my fall. You cared and care even more every day. You would go out of your way to watch out for me. That is what makes you my knight in shining armour!


Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'!
This is us livin' in all of our glory!

1 comment:

Big Kahuna said...

That was one of the cutest, funniest and adorable events I had ever seen....considering how clumsy I can be :-)