Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again....

I'm Baaaack.....

So I am no Steven Tyler, but I felt like he looks last week - Rode hard and put away wet. It was a week that continued the strain on my serenity. My return was met with work challenges, divorce documents, health concerns and an anniversary without celebrants. Culminated with an unhealthy Saturday and a few poor choices.

That was my bottom and prompted me to reach out to my friends in recovery. This was not a "I drank" bottom, rather an emotional bottom. Reaching out to friends, letting others in on my challenges and allowing them to be with me.

The act of trusting others with my pain and my heart - that is the path back to myself. The man I missed while he was gone last week and the man who is filled with gratitude. A man of dignity and grace. It's nice to be back.

We all have setback - we all stumble - we all have bottoms. What separates us is not the temporary fall to our "bottom" but how long we say in that "bottom".

Conversly, Babushkas "bottom" is an example of a bottom I would choose to spend much time in - Back in that lovely saddle again.

Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'

No comments: