Finally there always seems to be those two lost souls who just 'click' when they are around each but circumstances prevent them from following their hearts (Jim and Pam). Everyone else seems to see the potential before the two co-workers do. When I see Jim and Pam it inevitably reminds me of Babushka and myself.
I remember back in the day when I would use any excuse to walk down to her area and meet with her boss or visit with her cohorts. Always, this was nothing more than an excuse for me to see her smiling face. I would always try to 'be funny' with everyone else but her laugh was the one I waited for. I could go on for hours but I am grateful for what we have now - a budding relationship without any embarrassment or need to hide from others around our own Dunder Mifflin.
I was reminded of all this while hearing Jenna Fischer (Pam) make the rounds for 'Blades of Glory'. As is often the case, people assume that the character she plays (Reserved, Shy, etc.) would be who she is in real life. You can tell that Jenna is taking this movie as her opportunity to dispel that myth. Again I think of my Babushka, whose 'character' at work is polite, respected, respectfully proper.
The joy that I now get to enjoy is the 'real' Babushka - just as the real 'Jenna' is emerging. The below is an extract from Jenna Fischer's interview in Esquire magazine.
10 Things You Don't Know About Women
By Jenna Fischer - (Jenna Fischer stars in NBC's The Office and in the upcoming figure-skating comedy Blades of Glory)
1. If we run into your ex-girlfriend in public, the first thing you should do is put your arm around us. And if we have to introduce ourselves, you are in big trouble.
2. When you tell us about a business lunch you had with a woman, it's a good idea to tell us that she's fat, ugly, old, or a lesbian. Preferably, all of them.
3. PMS is real. It's chemical, and it sucks. If someone told you that every thirty days you were going to get jacked repeatedly in the nuts, you'd be pissy around day twenty-six, too.
4. When we say, "I don't feel connected," the only appropriate response is, "I feel it, too. Let's go out for a nice dinner and reconnect." Try it. You will get laid.
5. If you can locate the following items in our home -- tape, casserole dish, Christmas ornaments -- you will get laid.
6. If you act excited about the bath mat we bought at Target, you will get laid.
7. We really want to have kids. That is, until you want to have kids. Then: "Hey, slow down. What about my career? It's my body. I'm not just a depository for your sperm, you know. Fuck off. Wait, come back. I'm sorry about that. It's sweet you want to have kids. Let's talk about it in a year."
8. You know what's really gay? Football. Instead of watching it, just have sex with another dude once a year. Get it all out of your system at once.
9. We can make a "celebrity safe list" if you want. But I am way more likely to get Patrick Dempsey to fuck me in a bathroom than you are to get Lindsay Lohan to suck you off in your car.
10. Okay, wait. Maybe not Lindsay Lohan. But you know what I mean.
I laughed my ass off and then I thought of my Babushka. I adore you sweetie and also want to get laid - Now where in the world is that damn casserole dish!!!
Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.....
.....and get busy learning about all sides of each other