..........................to accept things that I cannot change
- The sadness in Babushka's heart as BuddyLuv heads up to the wilderness for the summer
- The frustration in Babushka's head when co-workers are not as professional as she is
- The poor-sportsmanship that Dude displays when he strikes out to end a game
- The inability of an ex-spouse to accept and forgive
- Listen to Babushka and support her feelings, rather than view them as problems for me to solve.
- Instill a sense of accountability for actions in Dude, rather that loudly vent disappointment in an angry manner that does not halt but in reality reinforces the poor behavior exhibited
- Pray for those who are still from the pain caused by myself or others in the past, rather that use the pain they have caused me as justification for my own anger and resentment
..........................and the wisdom to know the difference
- Understand that God gave me 2 ears and 1 mouth intentionally – therefore use these tools in the same proportions that they are given to me
- Acknowledge that I do not own nor am I responsible for the decisions of someone else, no matter how much I love the person or dislike their behavior
- Recognize that I still have work to do around this whole ‘wisdom’ thing - Recognizing the appropriate reaction does not mean I am yet capable of always making that appropriate reaction.
This is indeed the challenge for all of us, isn’t it? Wisdom in hindsight is easy – we all have it:
- I wish I would not have….
- What was I thinking when….
- I am sorry that I…..
GET BUSY LIVIN’ OR GET BUSY DYIN’