Tuesday, July 1, 2008

TMI

1. Do you believe in marriage?
BABUSHKA - Yes. For me, personally, I do believe in it.


2. What is marriage to you?
BABUSHKA - Ya know, I thought up this question. . . But, I don't know the I know the answer. At least, not that I can put into words in the few minutes that I have. . . First, marriage is more than just a day. It is more than the wedding. Marriage is the traditional official commitment that states I choose you, above all others, as my lover, partner and friend. Marriage says I see us on the same path, the same journey, and I want to take that journey with you. I want you to take this journey with me. At the end of the day, it is you I want to come home to. It is you I want to support and it is you by whom I want to be supported. It is your shoulder that I want to cry on. It is my shoulder I want you to cry on. I want to share my everything with you because you let me be me. This is just a start of what marriage means to me.


3. If you are married, why did you do it? If you are not, why have you not married?
BABUSHKA - I have not married because I always tried to make myself be "the one" for whomever I was with at that time. I was not me. And, no matter how close I was to marriage(see past postings) I never got to that point. I couldn't.


4. Do you believe in divorce?
BABUSHKA - Yes. Too many people get married for the wrong reasons. I am not saying wrong in my book, because who am I to judge. But, they get married for the wrong reasons as in reasons that do not last and do not equate to the level of commitment that marriage should be. If that is the case, they should not have to truly suffer for the rest of their lives. People make judgment calls. If they make a bad call that someday becomes destructive to one or both of the parties, the definitely should be divorced. Life is too short and precious to be miserable.


5. If you are divorced, why did you do it? If you have not, are there certain circumstances under which you would agree to a divorce?
BABUSHKA - Yes, if I were to marry for the wrong reasons or find myself in a destructive marriage, I would divorce. But, you can believe I would fight tooth and nail to make sure that never happens.

Bonus (as in optional): [ed note:I am not trying to spark a get political debate, I am much to superficial for that] Do you believe that same sex marriages are a threat to traditional marriages?
BABUSHKA - No. 100000000000000000000000000% no! A same sex marriage would not physically or mentally endanger a single soul on this earth. To say they are a threat would be a judgment call. And, it is not my judgment call to make.

4 comments:

Johanne said...

I loved your questions... not sure how my responses will be recieved... but they are somehow as yours, with a difference... ;-))
Happy TMI!

Madame X said...

Great answers and I *loved* how you explained what marriage is to you! Great questions btw.

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

*Great* (and emphatic) bonus answer. :) Thanks for the questions this week!

Vixen said...

I really loved your answers.... :)

And great questions. Very thought provoking and I really enjoyed reading everyone's responses. People really let on to more of 'themselves' then usual. I liked it. :)