- Walking through tough discussions with dignity and grace
- Expressing true concerns felt about one another
- Presenting to each other our own struggles with fear and insecurity
- Being simpathetic of - but not taking ownership for - the others' struggle
- Acknowleding to other that they are worth the effort of this journey
A wise woman once told me to be pateint and take "Baby Steps". As you watch a toddler you realize that baby steps are not easy -in fact they are downright scary. Somehow the infant perserveres in the face of their failure to immediately succeed. Every tumble is followed by another attempt to walk.
Perseverence and Determination - more present at 14 months than at 40 years. Small steps can be just as powerful as any record-breaking long jump. Age is as much a function of attitude as it is biology. Babies as life coaches? - Hmmmmmmmmm.
Anyhow, as Chandler says on Friends - "..and yet I find myself strangely aroused by this." Babushka may be busy this weekend!
-- Frederick Douglass
-- Lord George Gordon Byron