Tuesday, January 9, 2007

So What is Healthy Anyway?

It seems to me me that what is 'healthy' for someone is very much different than what is 'healthy' for someone else. I have gotten to the point in my life (finally!) that how I feel about a decision or action is how I measure whether it is 'healthy' for me.
  • Am I ashamed of the decision or action?
  • Can I stand in front of those I care about with my head high?
  • Do I not feel defensive with the decision or action in the face of others' disapproval?
  • Can I look at myself in the mirror and not look away?
It's no longer what I can or cannot do. My life before now was based on what others thought I should or should not do based on their idea of what is appropriate. I gladly take that responsibility over for myself.
I am comfortable in my own skin : Who I am, Where I am, What I am and What I do.

Everything happens for a reason

What is meant to be will be.

My thoughts and prayers go out to my Babushka. I support her and adore her in whatever decision she needs to make. Let it be your decision - one you can be proud of in front of everyone and comfortable with when no on is around.

No comments: